Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mini Bite Size Chocolate Cheesecakes

I made lemon cookies for work (see other post), but I also wanted to make something rich and chocolatey. I have made a chocolate cheesecake before, but I wanted something people could eat in one bite.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Crust:
2 tablespoons melted butter
10 crushed oreos

Put a thin layer of the crust into the bottom of a small or mini muffin pan. Bake them for about 5 minutes and remove from oven.

Filling:
Combine the following: 8ox cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Melt 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and add in to the rest of your filling mixture.

Fill the muffin cups with the filling.

Bake these in a water bath for anywhere from 20-40 minutes depending on size. A knife should come out clean.



Let them cool completely (I threw mine in the freezer for 20 min)

To remove, I'd run a knife around the edge and try to pop them out if possible. If they don't come out, try a spoon around the edge to scoop them out.

To make mine a little fancier, I then melted some white chocolate in the microwave, put it in a sandwich bag and cut a tiny corner off, and drizzled them.

No comments:

Post a Comment