Thursday, May 24, 2012

Low Calorie Super Cheap/Easy Lemon Cookies

OK so I saw a recipe for a lemon cookie made with a cake mix and was intrigued. I love lemon bars, so I was interested in this lemon cookie. I needed a work treat today, so decided to make my coworkers my guinea pigs. I added fresh lemon to my recipe, and they are very tasty. I estimate them at about 50 calories per cookie, which is pretty darn good.

Ingredients:
1 container cool whip (I used fat free)
1 package lemon cake mix
1 egg
Juice of 1 lemon
Powdered sugar



Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Mix all of this together (except powdered sugar) - it will be a very thick paste. Drop little balls into powdered sugar, shape them, and place them on parchment paper (or spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray).

Bake for about 10 min, or until they begin to look slightly brown on the outside. Any more than barely darkening and they will be overdone.

No comments:

Post a Comment