Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grilled Sweet Potato Chips

I decided to try grilling sweet potato slices one day when I had a leftover sweet potato. One potato is plenty for two people. I like these a lot! Don't be fooled, these are not crunchy chips (although I do those in the oven, and will post about them someday). They are crisp on the outside and like mashed sweet potato on the inside. Yum.

Slice a sweet potato into about 1/4 inch chips. I don't peel them, because the skin is supposed to be very good for you.Lay them on a plate and microwave for 1 minute. This will speed the process and prevent burning on the grill.



Let them cool for a few minutes (and dry out), and put them in a plastic bag with about a teaspoon of olive oil.

Then season both sides with a seasoning mixture of your choice. I use the following:
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Grill them on medium heat (or top rack), and flip once they get good grill marks on one side (5ish minutes each side).

Serve them right away with your dipping sauce of choice. I like ranch dressing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment