Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Asian Marinated Flank Steak

The other day I was reading through an asian cookbook and saw a recipe for a marinade for steak that used italian dressing. I was intrigued because when I think of asian cuisine, I don't even picture any italian dressing being involved.

It basically was equal parts italian dressing and soy sauce and some sugar.

I tweaked it a little, and it turned out very tasty. You'll want to let it marinate overnight, or at least 4 hours.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup italian dressing
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
2 tablespoons mirin (if you don't have mirin ((can be found in organic section of grocery store or an asian market)) just add some sugar and white wine)



Throw this all in a bag with a flank steak and let it sit. Then grill the flank steak and slice it thinly and serve.

I served this with grilled sweet potatoes (that'll be another post), but you could serve it with anything, maybe even over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment