Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Creme De Menthe Mint Chocolate Cupcakes

If you like all things mint and chocolate, this is a great recipe for you.

My favorite dessert: a recipe from my mom called Creme De Menthe Cake. It is generally what we have for my birthday, and I could probably finish off an entire 9x13 in a weekend!

So I decided to try out a cupcake version of the recipe, portion control!

Ingredients:
Creme De Menthe
1 box white cake mix (and whatever it calls for, eggs water etc)
1 tub Cool Whip (I went low fat)
1 jar Hershey's Hot Fudge



This is a really quick recipe. Mix up the cake mix according to the box. Mine called for oil, but I left that out completely and sprayed the muffin cups with cooking spray. Then add between 1/4 and 1/3 cup Creme De Menthe. Fill your muffin cups 2/3 full (mine made 18), and bake as directed on the cake mix box.

When the cupcakes are done, let them cool completely and then top with Hershey's Hot Fudge. I find that stirring it quickly for about 1 minute makes it much easier to spread. It's really important to use a thick fudge, not a chocolate syrup. The Hershey's fudge is in a glass jar. I would suggest not going with a cheap off brand here - it's the best part.

Once they are topped with fudge, put them in the fridge until you're ready to serve. Then stir in 1-2 tablespoons into the cool whip (taste and keep adding until it's your desired strength). Do the cool whip at the last minute, or it will get runny with the alcohol. Top the cupcakes with cool whip and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment