Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hawaiian BBQ Marinades

As I wandered through a department store's kitchen section last week, I spotted a small sauce packet called Hawaiian BBQ. The brand is Hawaiian Pride, and there are several different sauces, but the best is the Hawaiian BBQ. Any brand could be delicious, but this is the only one I have tried.



I marinated chicken thighs in this sauce (1 lb per packet) for four hours, and by that time all of the sauce was nearly soaked in to the chicken. I then grilled it and it carmelized wonderfully. I think it was seriously the best chicken I have ever had. Which is kind of frustrating since I have tried elaborate marinades that don't compare.

It is sweet, salty, slightly spicy and DELICIOUS.

I ordered 15 packets online. :-D

I think I also might try to make my own from the ingredients listed and see if I can reproduce it. Here is what it contains: Sugar, Soy Sauce, Hot Pepper Paste, Garlic Puree, Sesame Oil, Salt, Whey Powder, Sake, Spices, Dehydrated Garlic, White Sesame Seed, Yeast Extract, Citric Acid.

You can buy it here: http://www.onlyfromhawaii.com/hawaiianpridehawaiianbbqsauce29oz.aspx or check a local Asian or World food market.

Please try it, you will thank me after.

No comments:

Post a Comment