Thursday, April 19, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Treats

My mom's dog Max, who we all love, had to have a major surgery about 1.5 weeks ago. He had to have our equivalent to a knee ACL repair, and it left him in a lot of pain, like 30 staples, and a large incision.

It has been a bumpy road with my mom having to take him back to the vet - and I have been feeling so bad for him! So I decided to make him some homemade treats! And for my first time, they turned out well.



Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup peanut butter (I used low fat)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oatmeal

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Combine all ingredients and add more flour if needed. You want to be able to roll this out, so then you can cut it into treat sizes.

After you've rolled out the dough, use a cookie cutter if you have one, or just cut them into fun shapes. I had a cat cookie cutter, so I figured that was perfect. I also had a little leftover so cut into tiny triangles to use for cat treats.

Place them on cookie sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray.

Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 6-8 minutes.

Then give them to your favorite dog, or mail them if your favorite dog isn't close enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment