Friday, August 2, 2013

3 Ingredient Sweet Potato Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust

Last night I set out to try a recipe I saw on pinterest for pizza dough that was simply "1 cup greek yogurt, 1 cup flour". I mixed those together and it made a tiny amount of goop that was not pizza crust consistency.

So I sprang into action with my trusty sweet potato I had on hand.

My recipe:
1 cup mashed sweed potato (I microwaved mine for 6 minutes)
1 cup greek yogurt
2-3 cups flour

I just kneaded this until it was a bit elastic, maybe 3 minutes, and rolled it out.

Then I grilled it on one side without toppings and brought it inside and added toppings to the cooked side.



I recommend cheese, bbq chicken, and grilled green onions, yum!

Then I turned the grill as low as it would go and let the cheese melt for about 10 minutes.



Cut and enjoy.

You could easily pass this off to kids/picky eaters as a normal pizza crust. It was not sweet potato flavored at all. But it is awesome that it packs all of the healthy vitamins.



I am sure you could also bake it in the oven for maybe 10 minutes at 400?

No comments:

Post a Comment